Who We Are
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Silicon Networks Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07638767. Our registered office is 16 Old Town, London, SW4 0JY.
We take the privacy rights of our users very seriously and seek to ensure the highest standards of compliance with United Kingdom data protection laws and regulations.
Protecting Your Privacy and Information
At Tlero, we use appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect Your personal information from loss or theft, unauthorised access, use or disclose, or modification or destruction. We train Our personnel to protect Your privacy and require them to comply with Our policies and procedures that protect Your Personal Information.
We use computing systems in secure facilities to store Your personal information in an encrypted form. All of the data you provide to us is securely encrypted using a SSL certificate for the protection of your data. You may at any time, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about any of the information we hold.
How We Collect and Use Information
We collect Your Personal Information that You provide by filling in the registration form or information on our platform (including when you register as a user and when you update your user settings). If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
At registration, We collect a username, Your postal code and two email addresses (an organisation email for registration purposes, and a personal email to be used for logging in).
- When you choose a username, we ask that you choose one that is not related in any way to Your real name so that you remain anonymous.
Your Postal code
- Tlero is a location-based hub, which means the services you see on your personalised platform will be within a short distance from the postal code you provide.
- This postal code can relate to your work postal code, or your home postal code. This is up to you, as the user.
- This postal code can be changed at any point under the ‘Account’ tab on the platform.
- As your organisation becomes a member of Tlero, you will receive a registration email to your organisation email address.
- At registration, we also ask for a personal email as you may prefer for this to be user for your correspondence.
- If you opt in, Tlero will use your email to send you recommended weekly updates of the services we think will suit you. To stop receiving these weekly information emails, you can go to your ‘Account’ tab and opt-out.
- Your gender is collected as some services may be for a specified gender only. For example, a Women’s Yoga Class. However, ‘Non-specified’ will always be an option during the registration process.
You must make sure that You update your data under the ‘Account’ tab as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
Your Phone Number
- The phone number you provide to us in the InstaConnect window for any Service Provider is collected by Tlero in order to allow the services to call You, as the User back.
Why We Collect and Store Your Data
We need to ensure that only clients of Tlero are allowed to access the service, personal information helps us to identify who you are within the system and verify that it’s you. In order to help connect users to vital support and health services we need some personal information to put you in touch with the correct services for your Gender and Location.
Where We Store Your Data
All Personal Information you provide to us is stored and processed on our secure servers location in the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA).
How We May Disclose Your Personal Information
We will only disclose Your Personal Information to third parties:
- If We are required to do so by law or to comply with any legal obligation; in order to enforce or apply Our Terms and other agreements; or
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Silicon Networks Limited, or others.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations such as the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers for the purposes of security, risk reduction and fraud protection. For example, We may disclose Your Personal Information to the police in connection with any alleged criminal offence.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties: if Silicon Networks Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets. Should the assets of the company be sold, Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Right to ask us to stop contacting you via email. You may at any time go into your ‘Account’ tab on the platform and opt-out of receiving weekly engagement emails from us.
Right to request what personal information we hold. Users can see any data we hold on them at app.tlero.com. You may also email us at email@example.com at any time to request what personal information we hold of You, and a member of the team will be happy to help.
Right to request we cease processing your information. You may at any point email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request we cease processing Your Personal Information. Unfortunately, in this case, exercising this right will most likely result in the closure of your account with Tlero as We will not be able to continue to provide access if We cannot process Your Personal Information for the purpose of administering Your account and providing You access to it.
Right to request deletion of your information. We store user information indefinitely, unless it has been explicitly deleted via user request. You can ask Us to erase all Your Personal Information by emailing email@example.com. In this case erasure of Your Personal Information will result in automatic closure of your Tlero account and access to it. The data will be deleted from the application within 48 hours of the request and will be fully wiped from audit trials within 72 hours. The data however will be in backups until they rotate out based on backup rotation policy.
Information that the Platform Automatically Collects
We use information automatically captured by Our web servers that is not Personal Information to see how the platform is being used and customise it for Your benefit.
Our platform may contain links to and from the websites of our service providers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please be aware that the platform may link to other websites that may be accessed by you through the platform. We are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked web sites. Please check any policies on such websites before you submit any personal data to them.
If you have any complaint about the way in which we collect, store and use your information, and these have not been address by contacting us first, you can contact the supervisory authority in the United Kingdom, the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.